The year is almost over! 2012 is only a hop, skip and a week away! Therefore I think it’s time to have a look at what 2011 was all about. I’ve borrowed this list from gorgeous Sandra in New York.
Great things that happened in 2011:
- Number one must be our trip to New York. It was just so fantastic, I had so much fun.
- All the great lunches and dinner with my Soul Man, sitting and talking and talking for hours.
Five not-so-great things that happened in 2011:
- The cold in the winter in our apartment. I don’t like it one bit.
- Not keeping in touch more with friends, both new ones and old ones. This is something I want to change in 2012.
- The tax man that paid me an unwelcome and unexpected visit.
- Always being on the lookout for pickpockets. It’s the biggest downside of Barcelona.
- Not saying yes more.
What did you learn this year?
- to see challenges as a learning opportunity. It really works!
Was your year what you expected it to be?
- Yes, I think I learned more on a personal level and it passed by so much quicker than I expected it to.
What clothes have you worn the most?
- My grey Massimo Dutti cardigan. It’s cashmere and I’ve used it so much and it still looks exactly like when I bought it. Love it! It’s very much like this one, also from Massimo Dutti.
What music have you listened to the most?
- Veronica Maggio
- Beach House
- Lykke Li
- Melissa Horn
- James Blake
- All kinds of Bossa Nova
What have you watched?
Mostly TV-series such as How I met your Mother and Modern Family.
What is the most beautiful thing you got this year?
- My beige Massimo Dutti trench coat!
What is the best thing you’ve read?
It’s a tie between The Time Travellers Wife and The Five People You Meet in Heaven.
“No story sits by itself. Sometimes stories meet at corners and sometimes they cover one another completely, like stones beneath a river.”
Did you do something this year that you haven’t done before?
- Yes, I travelled with my Soul Man to Paris! I hadn’t been there before.
- Great results in my work review. I am very proud and grateful.
What was your best buy?
- My lemon dress from New York of course!
What did you spend most money on?
- Travelling, by far. This year it was Paris, New York and London.
What do you wish you would have done more of?
- Met up with friends, above all people I don’t yet know very well. I want to get to know them better in 2012.
Your favourite video this year?
What did you do on your birthday?
- I went to the ballet with friends and saw The Nutcracker, had drinks from coconuts, and dinner with my Soul Man at Botafumeiro, which was absolutely fantastic.
What do you wish for in 2012?
- I want 2012 to be my year! I want lots of good things to happen, spend a lot of time with my Soul Man, find a cat that could be ours and be kind but strong. I’m looking forward to it!
Jag gjorde en liten sammanfattning över 2012, det blev lite långt och jag blev lite för lat med översättningen..!